Tablets are built to be mobile – the beauty of them is that you can easily carry and take them anywhere, share with friends and use on the move. Despite this, tablets are still fragile devices and one bump or careless drop can be the end of your shiny new tablet that you spent your last month’s bonus on.
If you’re extra careful and have a robust case for your tablet this may protect it from the odd knock or two, but what about those pesky opportunist thieves waiting for you to be distracted so they can get their hands on your precious device?
With the average price of a tablet pc being around £400, they aren’t cheap to replace. But we do have some good news – tablets are cheap to insure. Tablet insurance starts at just £2.19 per month, less than the cost of a pint. So for under £30 a year your tablet will be covered for:
- Accidental Damage: Drop it, smash it or scratch it accidentally and your tablet will be repaired and restored by our expert team. If it’s beyond repair, you’ll receive a like for like replacement within 48 hours.
- Theft Cover: You want to take your tablet everywhere you go without having to worry. If you’re unlucky enough to have your tablet taken from you by a thief, you’ll receive a replacement in 48 hours.
- Liquid Damage: Get it wet and we’ll repair it. We know drinks get spilled, bathrooms get steamy and rain happens. That’s why we’ll replace or repair your tablet for you if it stops working following liquid damage.
- Breakdown: If your tablet is out of warranty, don’t worry. If it suddenly stops working like it should, we will repair or replace your tablet to get you back online as soon as possible.
- Loss: Excitement, stress and general disorganisation can cause some of us to be a little forgetful. If you lose your tablet or leave it on the bus, we will replace it for you (£1 per month surcharge applies)
- 48 Hour Replacement: If the worst happens to your tablet, rest assured we'll have a replacement to you within 48 hours.
- Worldwide Cover: If you travel regularly for business or enjoy reading on the beach you’ll probably want to take your tablet away with you and make the most of travel apps. That’s no problem, as our tablet insurance covers you for all of the above wherever you are in the world.
- Up to 30% OFF: Insure your tablet and mobile phone together and you could save up to 30% OFF with our multi gadget insurance.
Who is Tablet Insurance For?
Business that use tablets for their meetings, sales teams and those on the road are likely to have purchased these devices to help the business run smoothly 24 hours a day. Time is money, and covering business tablets for loss, theft and damage can ensure staff aren’t left without these essential tools for more than 48 hours.
For those embarking on a journey of discovery, staying in touch with friends and family can be the key to alleviating home sickness, and having access to favourite videos and music can keep the long journeys entertaining. Our tablet insurance covers the owner worldwide.
Tablets are great for keeping the children quiet in the car, reading bedtime stories and playing educational games. Our tablet insurance protects from sticky fingers, slippery hands, and spilled drinks so you can relax and enjoy your digital playtime without worrying about accidental damage.
Tablets for students are multi-functional; in the lecture theatre, at the student bar, in the library, on the bus and round a mate’s house are all great places to share, store and create new documents, emails, music and photos. Insuring a tablet will allow students the freedom to make the most of their mobile technology without fear of wear and tear.
Anyone with a long commute will understand the importance of being able to make the most of their time in transit. Tablets help us to organise our busy lives from booking tickets, arranging nights out and clearing our inboxes. But public transport is full of potential tablet disasters – bag thieves, clumsy passengers and bumps and scrapes. Commuters who insure their tablet can enjoy a stress free journey in the knowledge that they’re covered for any eventuality.
The Cost of Not Being Insured
The average tablet costs around £300 new, and some cost up to £750. These sophisticated devices are delicate and can be very expensive to repair. It can also be difficult to find a suitably trained and experienced repair shop that can be trusted with your valuable tablet.
Some of the most common damage to tablet devices can result in complete breakdown and write-off.
A crack affecting just the glass of the tablet screen is a lucky one and will cost around £50 – £90 to repair without insurance. Unfortunately most cracked screens include damage to the LCD screen or digitizer too which can run into the £hundreds to fix.
Water and electronic components don’t mix. Any liquid touching the inside parts of your tablet can burn connections and circuit boards causing breakdown. Liquid can also stay inside the screen affecting the display. To repair liquid damage, tablets need to be fully disassembled to see how far the damage has spread. This takes a long time and usually an expensive hourly rate is charged plus the cost of any replacement parts.
Don’t risk unexpected and unaffordable expenses; Get a quote specific to your device to get insured now.